Friday, May 19, 2017

Just peachy

The size of a peach that little bouncing ball of energy is. Amazing to think Baby Zek is ONLY the size of a peach based on how stinkin' adorable he/she was during our ultrasound today! Watching the limbs fly every where and the mouth open and close and open and close, I smiled, and clenched my husband's hand tightly, giving three squeezes to signal how in love I was.

Your texts and emails and facebook messages were an amazing distraction while on the way to the doctor and while sitting in the waiting room. I did pause for a bit and just allowed myself to be, I thanked God for the space that we were in, and no matter what happened behind those doors, he would be the same God I walked in praising!

My heart breathed a big sigh when they were taking us to our room and they went down a totally different hallway than the room we had for Arabella, my heart was too fragile and I was thankful for the gift of a different room. The waiting time felt like an infinity, and the examining room was bone chilling.  As I crawled up on the examining table I wondered if they would be able to see the knots in my stomach, silently with eyes closed I could only sing, "Our God, is an awesome God he reigns'...and 'You are a good good father.' The silence during the ultrasound is tough to handle, the sonographer is technically not allowed to say anything other than what she is taking pictures of. I wished I had gone to school in that moment to learn how to read those things, the questions and looking and pushing and moving and looking again and then again was killing me! I was honed in on the skull, it looked different than Arabellas and I could see the whole outline, one part of my heart jumped for joy while the other stayed guarded. It was an emotional rollercoaster. I was having flashbacks to when we thought everything looked amazing with Arabella before we were shot down. 

I didn't want to get too excited, but the bouncing bundle made me laugh and smile. I even had to apologize to the lady for my stomach moving all around on top of the baby making it even more difficult, it was a delight to see the baby acting so excited though. 

The silence was getting to me and I JUST had to know so without thinking blurted out, 'does the skull look ok to you?' Her response made my heart sing, 'I can see the whole outline of the skull, it's all there'! PRAISE the Lord, I think some grey hair that was almost making its way to the surface was able to leave for another couple weeks:)  

After 5 pages of images, checking on all the organs that could be seen and monitoring the heart blood flow we were finally able to head into another room to meet with the doctor. With no hesitation he announced, 'I've looked at the images and your baby looks great'! I wanted to jump up and do the happy dance. My heart grew and the spaces I had been guarding were released. 

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him." 1 Samuel 1:27 NIV

Measuring PERFECTLY at 13 weeks! LOVE LOVE LOVE


"Dear Jesus, I can't wait to meet my family"-Baby Zek

This was the BEST, Baby Zek started drinking it was amazing!!!
Thank you all for your prayers, texts and emails! The support I felt was incredible. Will and I were lifted up and we celebrated all you journeying with us! Today after the ultrasound we were at the store and mayla was looking at greeting cards, have you ever stood in the greeting card isle, there are a BUNCH, and she looks up at me and says, "Mom, can we get the card with the rainbow on it?" SAY WHAT??? WOW...she has not even heard us mention rainbow baby, I couldn't believe it! More hugs from God, I will take them!

Next appointment in 5 weeks to keep an eye on the heart! For now, more love, more adventures and more surrendering! We celebrate another day!



9 comments:

  1. We are so happy for you! Be assured that we will be praying for you, may God be with you and bless you all.

    Dave and Nancy Ryskamp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Dave and Nancy, THANK you very much for your joy and for the prayers, Greatly appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. Love it!! Thanks for the detailed update! I feel the excitement. I'm right there with you and will! God is an amazing Father!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your excitement friend! Appreciate it greatly!!!

      Delete
  3. ❤ 😻💖💝/Lena, Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart ❤️ is overflowing with joy for the Ellis family!!! Cannot wait to see updates! �� (Heather Ebels is my cousin, so I have been prayerfully following your journey for almost two years)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWW that's so kind of you! THank you for writing something and for the support and encouragement over the years and prayers!!! Appreciate you!!!!!!!!

      Delete