Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Tonkas or Tutus?

I woke up in a sweat the other night after a very real and vivid dream. We needed to deliver early due to some complications they were noticing with Baby Zek. Our sweet baby entered the world with amazingly thick hair, handsome blue eyes, an alertness and strength radiated from his tiny body. Then as I was scanning him over, my eyes were drawn to other parts of him that didn't look the way they were suppose to. In this dream fear flooded my extremities, it was so real and vivid, and I thought to myself, not again.....What more???

I was shaken after this dream and felt invaded by the enemy. My joy and celebration during the whole pregnancy has been a gift and daily I have felt an abundance of peace; I wasn't surprised by this attack.  In the bible it tells us in John 10:10 that 'the enemy (Satan) comes to steal, kill and destroy.' I wasn't going to give in that easily. Before waking up I remember being fixated on the facial features again and thinking to myself, 'this child, despite what my imperfect eyes see, is fearfully and wonderfully made!'

Daily I need to surrender these legit fears, I need to give God this child daily, just like we do Mayla, and I need to choose to NOT be taken down by these thoughts or dreams. God is the ultimate victor no matter what! Fighting the battle and the urge to give in to those lies can be really hard; But so rewarding when I don't let the enemy win!!!

This dream came at a time when we were waiting (impatiently I admit) for our lab results from some genetic testing we had done via my blood. They told us it would be about 2 weeks til we found out; I was good for one week, nice and patient and trucking along hour by hour feeling GOOD, but after that week, I started getting ancy and a whole butterfly garden entered my stomach. Then, I just couldn't take it any more; at just over the one and a half week mark I logged into my account and found out the results had been sent to my doctor and I could call him.  That was GREAT news, bad news was it was a Sunday, and the following day was a Holiday. Tuesday came and the same urgency was no longer there. I was in this weird place of contentment and peace in the unknown and feeling safe there, and making that phone call required a HUGE leap of trust. Will brought it up Tuesday afternoon and told me to call. I respected him and knew no matter what we were in this together! So I called! The extremely nice nurse told me the results were in and had been mailed to me that morning! I was grateful for that response and about to say thank you and hang up, when I decided to take another leap. I asked her if she could give them to me over the phone! She said, 'yes, just a minute'. That pause seemed like forever!!!!! She then went on to speak some of the sweetest words, 'low risk results!' I didn't even know what to say, THANK YOU JESUS! My heart was spewing praise. I then asked her if she could share the baby's sex over the phone and another 'yes' was uttered into the other end of the phone. I quick hit speaker phone and Will and I went and hid in the toy room away from Mayla. The nurse says, 'Are you READY?'.................My heart was beating soooo fast as I anxiously awaited to know what little life was growing inside.....So we ask you, ARE YOU READY????????











3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!������ God is sooooo good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! Too adorable and HOW EXCITING! (LOVED the captions during the video too! Hilarious ... as everyone was eagerly anticipating the results!) Prayers will continue to be lifted for you, baby Zek, and the entire family ... thanks for your endless rawness and honesty in your blogs ... ❤ God is good. All the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the best reveal ever!! Good job Mayla, I can't wait to see you be the big sister to your new lil sis!!
    Much love and prayers to you all - thank you for sharing this special time with all of us. We lift you up in prayer and rejoice in this wonderful news!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete